Football Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Latest scores/talk
Striker Henrik Larsson To Retire From Professional Football EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 2:46 pm by Paul

» CASTROL WORLD PLAYER RANKINGS
Striker Henrik Larsson To Retire From Professional Football EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 7:30 am by Paul

» Ronaldo: Prem is harder than Spain
Striker Henrik Larsson To Retire From Professional Football EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 7:25 am by Paul

» Carling cup
Striker Henrik Larsson To Retire From Professional Football EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:57 am by Paul

» FIFA World player of the year Shortlist
Striker Henrik Larsson To Retire From Professional Football EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:04 pm by Paul

» Footballer jailed for sex assault
Striker Henrik Larsson To Retire From Professional Football EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:25 am by lazyitus

» Valencias Villa,Silva, and Mata transfer rumours
Striker Henrik Larsson To Retire From Professional Football EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:06 am by Paul

» A to Z Football
Striker Henrik Larsson To Retire From Professional Football EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:48 am by lazyitus

» Pes 10 Become a legend: Your story
Striker Henrik Larsson To Retire From Professional Football EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:32 pm by Paul

Striker Henrik Larsson To Retire From Professional Football

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Paul
Admin
Admin
Paul

Striker Henrik Larsson To Retire From Professional Football Vide
PostSubject: Striker Henrik Larsson To Retire From Professional Football   Striker Henrik Larsson To Retire From Professional Football EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:13 am

Great great player whos had a top career

Quote :
Larsson, who plays for Helsingborg in the Swedish league, won the Golden Boot as Europe's top scorer in 2000-01 while at Celtic, where he is still known among fans as "the King of Kings."

He also had a stint at Manchester United in 2007, and played in three World Cups and three European Championships for Sweden. He scored 37 goals in 106 international matches for Sweden.

"I'm 38 now, it has been enough," Larsson said in a statement. "I enjoyed my career and I want to thank everyone who has supported me in all these years. Now it's time for something else.

"I will think things over what I would like to do. First I will need time to adjust to the non-football life.

"What I do know now, is that I'm 100 per cent sure about my decision to end my playing career."

Helsingborg sporting director Jesper Jansson said club officials had hoped Larsson would play another season "but respect Henrik's decision and feel tremendously grateful for all his contributions."

Larsson started his professional career at Dutch club Feyenoord in 1993, when he was 22. A year later, he was a substitute in the Sweden squad that finished third at the 1994 World Cup in the United States.

His biggest European club triumph came in 2006, when Larsson's two assists helped Barcelona rally to beat Arsenal 2-1 and clinch its first Champions League title in 14 years.

Larsson retired several times from the national team, only to come back when Sweden needed his skill and experience. After two years focusing only on club football, he made a surprise comeback for Sweden at the 2008 European Championship.

Though remarkably fit for his age, Larsson had lost some of his goal-scoring edge, and didn't convert during the tournament. He also failed to score in Sweden's unsuccessful qualifying campaign for next year's World Cup. His last goal for the national team was in a friendly against France on Aug. 20, 2008.

SOURCE TELEGRAPH
Back to top Go down
https://footballfans.forumotion.com

Striker Henrik Larsson To Retire From Professional Football

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Football Fans :: General Football Chat :: General Football Chat -