Football Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Latest scores/talk
Footballers and their hobbies EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 2:46 pm by Paul

» CASTROL WORLD PLAYER RANKINGS
Footballers and their hobbies EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 7:30 am by Paul

» Ronaldo: Prem is harder than Spain
Footballers and their hobbies EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 7:25 am by Paul

» Carling cup
Footballers and their hobbies EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:57 am by Paul

» FIFA World player of the year Shortlist
Footballers and their hobbies EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:04 pm by Paul

» Footballer jailed for sex assault
Footballers and their hobbies EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:25 am by lazyitus

» Valencias Villa,Silva, and Mata transfer rumours
Footballers and their hobbies EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:06 am by Paul

» A to Z Football
Footballers and their hobbies EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:48 am by lazyitus

» Pes 10 Become a legend: Your story
Footballers and their hobbies EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:32 pm by Paul

Footballers and their hobbies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Paul
Admin
Admin
Paul

Footballers and their hobbies Vide
PostSubject: Footballers and their hobbies   Footballers and their hobbies EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Ronaldo, Rooney, Arshavin and the Top 10 footballers with odd off-field hobbies

Manchester United's forgotten man Gabriel Obertan has taken up gardening as he whiles away the time during his injury rehab.

The £3m summer signing from Bordeaux has been helping one of the club's Academy staff with his roses as he recovers from a back problem.

But he's not the only footballer with an odd hobby, as MirrorFootball has discovered...

10) Joseph Yobo - Table Tennis
The Everton vice-skipper likes nothing more than leathering a white ball around - the tiny ones used in ping-pong. The no-nonsense defender also has a passion for his own charity, the Joseph Yobo Foundation, which helps under-privileged children in Nigeria.

9) Manuel Almunia - Second World War sites
Arsenal's Spanish keeper got hooked on WWII sites after watching the epic film, Saving Private Ryan. He says: "I read history books, watch documentaries and I like to visit museums when I can."

8 Paul Scharner - Parachuting, Bunjee Jumping, Water Skiing
The Wigan stopper is something of an adrenaline junkie, as if you can't tell by his eccentric hairstyles. The Austrian defender says of frankly crazy pastimes: "They help me become strong mentally." That's as maybe, but if it's all the same to you, we'll sit it out thanks Paul.

7) Mortiz Volz - Cake Making
The lederhosen wearing German full-back has admitted he's "a bit handy in the kitchen" and that he likes to "bake a cake to focus my mind before a game." Check out his personal website for more of his craziness... but prepare yourself for the terrible German music.

6) Daniel Agger - Tattoo Artist
Like so many of his Premier League counterparts, Agger has an armful of tats. Unlike, we reckon, all of his Premier League counterparts, however, he's able to ink 'em on himself. Yes, that's right, the great Dane is a qualified tattoo artist. And if you don't believe us, you can watch him in action.

5) Andrey Arshavin - Female Fashion Designer
The Russian playmaker has a penchant for ladies' fashion, and he's not afraid to admit it. Mind you, his motives are a touch questionable. The Arsenal star admits he took up fashion at university because "there were lots of girls among the students" - genius! He added: "I'm different. But I'm not trying to be eccentric. I always do what my inner voice tells me." Here's him studying at his St. Petersburg University.

4) Nobby Solano - Trumpet player
The Peru and Newcastle midfielder loves a bit of trumpeting and could regularly be heard tootling his horn around the Toon's training ground during his days in the north-east. He even once played down the phone to Sir Bobby Robson. Nobby owns three instruments, each worth more than £350, and says he's "pretty good". Alright Nobby, no need to blow your own trumpet...

3) Eric Cantona - Poet
The passionate Frenchman is well known for his poetry skills, unlike Gazza...Here's a little taster of his work..."An artist, in my eyes, is someone who can lighten up a dark room. I have never and will never find difference between the pass from Pele to Carlos Alberto in the final of the World Cup in 1970, and the poetry of the young Rimbaud." Ooh... Ah... Cantona!

2. Wayne Rooney - Drummer
Wazza initially tried to master the guitar, sadly to no avail. We imagine Coleen felt huge relief. Well, you would, wouldn't you. But then the dread must have descended once more when the Roonster got himself a drum kit instead Here's an image of what it might look like when he's bashing out a solo.

1. Cristiano Ronaldo - Bingo
The Real Madrid winger may have every supercar to his name, but his real passion is... bingo. The Portuguese winker said: "It's exciting because you can be there waiting a long time for just the one number to win." Surely you're not on your own Ronnie, what about all your OAP friends?

Source mirrorsport
Back to top Go down
https://footballfans.forumotion.com
lazyitus

lazyitus

Footballers and their hobbies Vide
PostSubject: Re: Footballers and their hobbies   Footballers and their hobbies EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 1:41 am

Quiet sports news day then? You can tell this came out during an international matches weekend and that everything was quiet on that front to.I mean seriously ,an injured player gardening? (who cares)to ronaldo playing bingo(just making it up!)
Back to top Go down

Footballers and their hobbies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Football Fans :: General Football Chat :: General Football Chat -